Optimizing your engine’s efficiency is important to every Freightliner operator. Heavy-duty charge air coolers engineered for durability and longevity are key to ensuring your Freightliner’s engine maintains its best fuel economy and efficiency over the long haul.
While new trucks with a turbo charged diesel engine come equipped with a charge air cooler (CAC), the standard OE (Original Equipment) cooler, and most aftermarket CACs don’t always meet expectations.
An OE CAC should continue to operate without leaking for several years, but Freightliner operators may find that their OE charge air cooler won’t stand the test of time.
An engine with a leaking charge air cooler will waste fuel and lose power.
With a fleet of 15 trucks, you could save over $100K in one year with CACs that are not leaking and robbing you of performance.
A leak free CAC will enhance the fuel efficiency of your engine by:
- Lowering the temperature of the air entering your engine.
- Improving the combustion in your engine.
- Maintaining the torque and power output of your engine.
Not All Charge Air Coolers Are Created Equally
A common problem associated with OE charge air coolers is a tube-to-header joint failure that results in leakage over time. These leaks gradually suck the efficiency out of your engine. Unlike a leaking radiator that leaves a puddle under your truck, a leaking CAC leaks air. Without doing a pressure test, it’s not always obvious when your CAC is leaking.
Typical Charge Air Cooler
Thermal fatigue failure from constant expansion and contraction.
Performing a CAC leak test requires a special tool that an operator or maintenance shop may not always have available. As a result, an engine may be running inefficiently and wasting fuel for a long time before the CAC is replaced.
Charge Air Coolers That Last the Life of Your Freightliner
When it comes to your Freightliner, you need a charge air cooler that will last for a very long time, preferably for the life of your truck. That’s where Dura-Lite™ comes in. Dura-Lite manufacturers long-life CACs for Freightliner trucks that offer better reliability and overall performance than you’ll find with an OE CAC.
Our engineers have spent years researching and designing the perfect CAC to enhance its durability and to provide optimum performance for your engine.
The Dura-Lite Evolution® charge air cooler features a Patented Leak Free High Temperature Silicone Grommet Tube-To-Header Seal System that addresses the problems associated with OE and aftermarket CACs, allowing the tubes to expand and contract in the grommet / header. This eliminates the typical tube-to-header failure mode and resulting leakage, providing years of leak free operation, so you don’t have to worry.
Evolution Charge Air Cooler
Patented high temperature silicone leak-free grommet seal system.
Dura-Lite Evolution charge air coolers will save you money over their long life with:
- Reduced downtime.
- Continuous, consistent fuel economy.
- Optimized power and emissions.
Only Dura-Lite Evolution heavy-duty charge air coolers will continue to provide those efficiency improvements with no leaks over the longest operating life in the industry.
When Only The Best Will Do For Your Freightliner, Choose Dura-Lite Evolution® Charge Air Coolers
There’s a reason why Dura-Lite continues to lead the market, our charge air coolers outlast OE and aftermarket charge air coolers every time.
Evolution charge air coolers are designed with top-grade materials, advanced technologies, and manufactured to eliminate common issues by providing:
- Thicker fins, tubes, sidepieces, manifolds, and headers than typical competitors.
- Improved performance by inserting high efficiency inner fins inside each tube. Typical competitors don’t insert or use inner fins inside the tubes and rely on extruded tubes with internal passages which result in inadequate performance.
- Internally reinforced manifolds to reduce side flexing and premature header/ manifold failure.
- Offset outer fins designed to provide consistent performance by minimizing the build-up of debris.
- Pressure tested under water to ensure they are 100% leak free before leaving the factory.
- Industry leading packaging to ensure the cooler arrives damage free and ready to install.
With most Evolution CACs backed by Dura-Lite’s 7-year, million-mile guarantee, Freightliner operators will go many years without the need to worry about their CAC underperforming. Dura-Lite’s Evolution CAC is built to last to help you get the maximum fuel mileage out of your vehicle.
Dura-Lite offers Evolution charge air coolers for most Freightliner trucks:
Dura-Lite charge air coolers fit the following Freightliner models:
- 114SD (WITH FRONT PTO)
- CAB OVER
- CASCADIA (WITH FRONT PTO)
- CASCADIA 125
- CASCADIA EVOLUTION
- COE (LOW HP)
- COLUMBIA (WITH FRONT PTO)
- COLUMBIA 120
- FEDEX STEP VAN
- FIRE TRUCK
- FIRE TRUCK (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL 106
- FL 112
- FL 120
- FL 20
- FL 50
- FL 50 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL 60
- FL 60 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL 70
- FL 70 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL 80
- FL 80 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FL 80N
- FL 90
- FL 90 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FLA 086
- FLC 112
- FLC 120
- FLD (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FLD 112
- FLD 120
- FLD 120SD
- FLD 120SD (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FLD 132
- FLD 132 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- FLD D2
- FLD SERIES
- FLN (WITH FRONT PTO)
- GARBAGE TRUCK
- GARBAGE TRUCK (WITH FRONT PTO)
- LADDER TRUCK
- LADDER TRUCK (WITH FRONT PTO)
- M2 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- M2 100
- M2 100 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- M2 106
- M2 106V
- M2 112
- M2 112 (WITH FRONT PTO)
- M2 112V
- M2 MM
- M2 MM 106
- M 80
- MB 70
- MOTOR HOME
- REFUSE TRUCK
- REFUSE TRUCK (WITH FRONT PTO)
- SANITATION TRUCK
- SANITATION TRUCK (WITH FRONT PTO)
- SCHOOL BUS
- SNOWPLOW (WITH FRONT PTO)
- STEP VAN
- UPS STEP VAN
Find out more about Dura-Lite Evolution® charge air coolers.