Here is what a leaking charge air cooler could be costing you:
Compare The Difference:
|Dura-Lite™ Leak Free
Charge Air Cooler:
|Average Trip Per Day|
|Consumption Per Day|
|Cost Per Day||$||$|
Dura-Lite™ Could Save You Per Vehicle:
|Savings Per Day*||$|
|Savings Per Week*||$|
|Savings Every 4 Weeks*||$|
|Savings Per Year*||$|
Dura-Lite™ Could Save Fleets:
|Number Of Vehicles:|
|Savings Per Day*||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$|
|Savings Per Week*||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$|
|Savings Every 4 Weeks*||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$|
|Savings Per Year*||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$||$|
*An engine with a leaking Charge Air Cooler will waste fuel. Dura-Lite’s calculation of the amount of fuel your engine is wasting is approximately what is shown above. The calculations are only approximate amounts based on a formula, using information from customer experiences with our products. Those experiences may be different from yours. The amount you save may be more or less than what is shown, due to other factors not reflected in the calculations. Dura-Lite™ does not warrant the accuracy of the calculations.
Identifying A Leaking Charge Air Cooler:
- The only way to accurately determine if a charge air cooler is leaking is to do a pressure test.
- Testing is quick and easy. It usually takes about 20 minutes using a Dura-Lite™ Tester-Kit™.
- The Dura-Lite™ Tester-Kit™ is designed and manufactured to be used to pressure test Charge Air Coolers in a safe and efficient manner. The Kit comes complete with everything required to pressure test most Charge Air Coolers. With the Dura-Lite™ Tester-Kit™, testing the Charge Air Cooler will become as automatic as checking the oil and will give you confidence in knowing that an engine is performing at the performance levels required.
- Dura-Lite™ estimates 40% of trucks 2 (two) years or older, have Charge Air Coolers that are leaking out of the engine manufacturers’ specifications.
Leak Down Rate Specifications:
|Caterpillar||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|Cummins (ISB,ISC,N14)||7 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|Cummins (ISX, M11)||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|Detroit Diesel||5 psig in 30 seconds @ 30 psig|
|International||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|Mack||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|Mercedes||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 25 psig|
|Volvo||5 psig in 15 seconds @ 30 psig|
|* psig (pound-force per square inch gauge)|
Symptoms Of Non-Performing Charge Air Coolers:
- Loss Of Engine Power.
- Increased Fuel Consumption.
- Elevated Soot Levels in the Oil.
- Premature Piston, Ring, and Valve Failure.
- Turbocharger Failures.
- Elevated Coolant Temperatures.
- Exhaust Manifold Failure.