Dura-Lite Heat Transfer Products Ltd.™ is a Professional Engineering Company, certified by APEGA (The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta).
Dura-Lite™ maintains its technological lead in the industry by maintaining a staff of multi-disciplined engineers, utilizing some of the most advanced software and testing available in the industry.
- 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design):
- Mechanical CAD.
- Design Validation.
- Product Data Management.
- Design Communication.
- CAD Productivity Tools.
- CAD/ CAM (Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing):
- Dura-Lite™ uses these tools to create faster production processes, components and tooling with dimensional accuracy.
- After designing components in CAD software, the CAM tool is used by Dura-Lite™ to interface with and drive its CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines to manufacture high quality parts.
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis):
- FEA software simulates the extreme conditions our proucts can be exposed to, without having to wait years for the results.
- FEA can show weaknesses in designs, to allow improvements to be made before parts are manufactured and as a result, assures product durability.
- Once the FEA results have been analyzed and the design finalized, manufacturing can produce a prototype sample. The theoretical results can then be definitively confirmed with “actual” results in controlled Thermal Cycle Testing.
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics):
- CFD software is used to simulate airflow, fluid flow, and thermal conditions to predict the performance of the design.
- Theoretical analysis can be performed on a “virtual prototype”, allowing further design changes as required before the final design is completed and a Charge Air Cooler or Radiator is manufactured.
- Once the CFD results have been analyzed and the design is finalized, manufacturing can produce a prototype sample. The theoretical results can then be definitively confirmed with “actual” results in controlled Wind Tunnel Performance Testing on a vehicle using the Chassis Dynamometer.
- 3D Scanning, Parametric Scan to CAD modeling, and Scan to CAD inspection:
- 3D Scanning equipment is used to measure the physical geometrical characteristics of the parts used in the manufacturing and assembly processes. The measurements allow part and/ or assembly to be compared against the design intent.
- Precisely recording the X, Y, and Z coordinates of a part, also allows points to be generated to construct features of a part when engineering new parts based on physical samples.
- Using this equipment allows Dura-Lite™ to ensure our proucts are manufactured in accordance with the design specifications and to ensure fit and function in the application.
Full capability to design Charge Air Coolers and Radiators.