Kenworth and Peterbilt (both manufactured by parent company PACCAR) are some of the biggest names in trucking, and for good reason: They represent some of the highest-quality heavy-duty trucks on the market.
The Kenworth and Peterbilt brands were founded in 1923 and 1939, respectively, joining together in 1944 under a company that would later become PACCAR. While each brand features distinct construction and features, they also have much in common – sharing industry-leading build quality and performance that other brands struggle to match to this day.But no company is perfect, and while Kenworth and Peterbilt are premium options for commercial trucking, after-purchase customizations can help owners push the value and longevity of their vehicles even further.
Kenworth and Peterbilt Charge Air Coolers
Looking for a charge air cooler for your Kenworth or Peterbilt? While Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks are renowned for their quality and reliability, the unfortunate truth is that not all components are built to last. In particular, the original equipment Charge Air Coolers (CACs) included in these builds have inherent design flaws that do not appropriately allow for thermal expansion and contraction, an issue that reduces the life of the part and vehicle performance overall.
Worse yet, some manufacturers offer replacement CACs with minor improvements to OE design flaws, but these improvements don’t always justify the cost of installing a new CAC. The CAC may not be guaranteed for the long-haul, falling victim to heat stress, roadway/engine vibrations, and potential damage from collisions.
This is particularly true for trucks in harsh climates; the tougher the environment, the tougher the CAC needs to be to maintain optimal performance. That’s where Dura-Lite comes in.
Why Choose Dura-Lite Evolution® Charge Air Coolers?
Dura-Lite understands that Kenworth and Peterbilt owners take great pride in customizing their rigs with components that improve performance. Our line of CACs are built to provide a best-in-class experience you won’t find from any other manufacturer:
- CACs purpose-built to solve design flaws and leakage issues inherent with the original equipment design.
- Evolution® CACs designed with Dura-Lite’s Patented High Temperature Silicone Grommet Tube-To-Header Seal System.
- Reinforced end tanks (manifolds) to reduce premature failure and reduce downtime.
- Offset outer fin design to provide consistent performance by minimizing the buildup of debris.
- Dyno-tested to optimize performance, power, and emissions.
- Manufactured 100% leak-free and tested underwater before leaving the factory.
- Over 30-years of experience manufacturing Evolution® CACs for Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks.
- 7 Year/ 1,000,000 Mile Warranty on most Evolution® charge air coolers.
Contact us to learn more about our Evolution® CAC and see how Dura-Lite can help you get the most mileage out of your vehicle.